TMS Green Team
The Timberline Green Team is open to students in grades 6 through 8 who want to make a positive difference in our environment. Our goals include to:
• Make TMS more environmentally sustainable.
• Engage TMS students who are interested in sustainability in real-world actions.
• Educate the TMS community about sustainability and how they can be more sustainable.
• Achieve King County Green Schools certification.
• Support positive environmental movements and organizations.
Each year, students brainstorm and decide on which projects they want to do in Green Team. Join us and make a difference!
Some things we have accomplished since 2019 are:
Doing multiple waste audits of our lunchroom waste, to better inform the school how to improve waste sorting.
Constructed 3-D lunch signs to help teach what is recycled and what is trash.
Creating PACK time lessons to educate TMS on how to recycle correctly.
Holding fun FLEX times to make recycled crafts.
Creating informative videos for announcements to encourage reducing food waste and eliminating single-use plastics.