Timberline Middle School Math Club
Math Club is open to all Timberline MS students (grades 6-8) who are interested in math enrichment and competition opportunities. There will be opportunities to participate in math competitions and projects, as well as service learning / volunteering activities. Students will get to solve challenging math problems independently as well as collaboratively. The overall goal is to improve problem-solving skills, build friendships, and make a positive difference in the community using math knowledge.
• Attend club meetings/practice sessions – These will typically take place once every other week during Timberline’s scheduled Thursday FLEX time, from October through May (exact schedule will be sent to registered members)
• Participate as part of the school team in the LWSD math competition (other competition opportunities will be available but are optional)
• Potential travel to regional, state, or national competitions is available based on qualification and interest
• School ASB fee (one time per year, school-wide fee for any students joining any school clubs
• $25 Math club fee per student
• Possible additional fees for optional tournaments
• Additional expenses for state or national competitions if students qualify
The Math Club is always looking for parent volunteers to support its activities. Please email: email@example.com if you are interested.
Club Advisor: Mr. David Leviten, Timberline MS Math Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Event Dates:
• Registration due date – 9/30/2021
• First Official Meeting – Thursday FLEX in October (date TBD, but will be sent to registered club members)
• Regular meeting schedule – TBD
• Competition Dates and Deadlines:
- American Mathematics Competition- AMC10A is 11/10/2021, AMC8 is 1/18/2022
- MathCounts – School Competition Nov/Dec 2021 (exact date TBD), Chapter Competition Feb 2022 (exact date TBD)
- LWSD Olympiad, Spring 2022 (if health and safety allows, exact date TBD)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR MATH CLUB:
Detailed registration instructions posted below. Payment for the ASB fee and the club fee will be completed online through the district website or at the Timberline main office.
Registration is a two-step process. The last day to register for math club is September 30th, 2021.
• Step 1: Pay $25 Timberline ASB fees online through Parent Access
• Step 2: Pay $25 Math Club fee online through Parent Access (you can make ALL school fee payments online through PARENT ACCESS. The link can be accessed here: Parent Access
- ASB Fee, is paid, per year, per child. It is a one-time fee for all school Clubs.
- Math Club fee is also paid once per year, per child.
- Online payment has a convenience fee applied per transaction. ASB Fees and Math Club fees can also be paid at Timberline Office Window. There are no transaction fees when paid at Timberline Office Window.