Registration for the 2021-2022 Season is Closed
INFORMATION COMING SOON ABOUT THE TMS ROBOTICS PROGRAM FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASON.
Timberline Middle School runs a Robotics Club for all students grade 6-8. This is a competitive club that learns about robotics concepts and builds a robot to compete in the VEX IQ Global Challenge. Teams are composed of 3-5 students and at least one parent coach. We hold meetings at school and students may take their robotics kits home between meetings to work on their robots.
- Attend meetings (time and location TBD)
- 1-2 hours of work outside of school per week
- 1 parent coach to manage the team
- Coach coordinates parents, students and communicates with club advisors
- Coach registers team online and manages tournament fees and travel
- Coach organizes and supervises outside of school meetings
- 1 mandatory tournament at Timberline (other tournaments are available but optional)
- 1 mandatory LWSD League
- Potential travel to state competition or even world competition based on qualification
- School ASB Fee (One time per year school wide fee for any student joining any school clubs or activities)
- $40 Robotics club fee per student (covers parts and expenses, paid online through TMS)
- $100 per team one time registration fee to enter the VEX IQ Competition (Paid later in the year after teams are finalized)
- $45 per team per tournament registration fee (to be paid when registering team online for the tournaments later in the year)
- There may be more expenses for state and world competitions if teams qualify and wish to attend!
Topics Covered in Club Meetings
- Structural design
- Scientific design notebook
- Gearing: ratios/logistics/strategies
- Programming (Blockly, Python, RobotC)
- Tournament strategy and problem solving
If you would like to join Robotics Club you must follow this process:
- Form a team of 3-5 students (Club advisors do not form teams and they do not force students on to other teams)
- Find a parent/guardian willing to be your coach
- Come up with a team name
- The Team Coach uses this link to enter the team's information.
- Complete permission slip (file here)
- Bring printed permission slip to Mr. Steele or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will then be given a date and time to pick up your robotics kit!
All steps must be complete by the end of September. Because of the volume of students this will be a hard date, submissions after this date will not be accepted!
For more information and to be added to our distribution list please email our Club Advisors:
Club Event Dates
- Interest/Info Meeting - 09/14/2021
- Registration due date - 09/30/2021
- First Official Meeting - 10/14/2021
- Regular meetings - Every other week, Tentative Calendar here
- Timberline LWSD League - 11/10/2021, 11/17/2021, 12/01/2021, 12/08/2021
- Timberline Tournament - 02/12/2022
- State VEX IQ Tournament - N/A
- VEX Worlds - 05/03/2022 - 05/12/2022