Information about Counselors and how we support our community at Timberline Middle School
Counselors at Timberline are available to support students with academic achievement and organization, personal/social development and emotional regulation, and guidance on future planning and goals, along with many other things.
Students are able to stop by the counseling office any time during “in class schooling” to sign up to meet with their counselor. During “remote learning,” students and parents are encouraged to reach out through e-mail with questions/concerns and can request a “Teams” meeting with a counselor if they would like to meet in a virtual “face to face” meeting.
A few examples for reasons that a student may meet with their counselor include:
• Need assistance with organization to help improve academic success
• Have a question or need assistance with their class schedule
• Need help with a personal problem or are having a friendship challenge
• Experience harassment or bullying- toward themselves or others (we have strict confidentiality protocols when students are reporting an issue of this nature)
• Need financial assistance for school related items
• Have any type of question or are facing an issue that is causing stress
• Want to say hello and get acquainted (We want to definitely encourage this, especially given our current remote learning circumstances, we would love to have Teams meetings with each and every one of you to get to know you better)
Parents may want to contact the counselor when:
• Want assistance with educational planning
Correct academic level placement, extra interventions, and support
• Want to discuss academic concerns across multiple classes
If only 1 or 2 classes are affected, contact the specific teachers directly
• Need financial assistance
Free/reduced lunch, school supplies and fees, sports fees, College Bound scholarships
• Have difficulties at home that may affect student learning
For example: death, divorce, change in living situation or finances
• Need referrals for community resources
For example: child/family counseling, drug/alcohol counseling, tutoring services
What counselor to contact based on last name:
Rowan, YES Behavioral Support Specialist, (425) 747-4937 Extension: 2717
Book an Appointment
Need to talk to your counselor? Book a virtual appointment!
All meetings will be conducted through Microsoft Teams. Once you make an appointment, you will get an email invite for the meeting with the appropriate link to the Teams meeting.
We look forward to seeing you!
Mental Health Resources
Looking for Mental Health Resources? Please click here.